Wat Do You Want?
Dis should actually should be a Mumblin' Monday post but uh, let's just say I was in "recovery mode" and far from posting anything coherent.
The past few nights on the news there were so many things locally that just seemed "wrong":
- State delaying tax refunds: It still falls under the 90 day refund policy - just barely - but if they can "delay" da refund, can we "delay" our payments?
- Army "plans" to bring in super-ferry like military vessals: So wat? Kama'aina can borrow? Or at least can copy da EIS?
- Kapolei Parkway opens: Good for traffic, bad for students. Can you say "let's play keiki Frogger?"
- Brand spankin' new $700k command vehicle sits unused for years: Heck, you can pay me half of dat at $350k and I'll be more than glad to do nothing for years. 🙄
- Bars ask for smoking ban to be lifted for "bars only": Why don't we just allow drinking and driving since obviously second hand smoke takes too long to kill innocent workahs and patrons?
- HPD doesn't want to deal wit tailgaters (#1 cause of accidents according to KITV - gotta see da video) stating their time and resources are better used for speeders: Hmmm, so wat does da traffic division do before pau hana time gunning down speeders going to work from da West side to town near Aloha Stadium (hint hint) cause they surah aren't enforcing car pool violators or tailgaters obviously?
- Rail broke ground and is finally being built!: Ok, so dis one not going happen but a person can dream right?
Personally, there are a few things I'd love to change or see get done:
- How's about anoddah prison or two? We can help stir up da economy wit jobs building and running da prison. How we going do dat I dunno but it surah would be nice to see a few habitual and violent criminals off da streets.
- Get students back to school: If I had dis much "days off" back wen I was in school... I wouldn't have made my own "holidays".
- Homelessness: Wat can be said or done about dat? It's a lose-lose cause those who want to "get rid" of it are called insensitive having no compassion and those who want to help are told to keep 'em in their backyard if they like help 'em...... lose-lose....... no can win.
- Wat if we had rail undahground going to da neighbor islands? We got rail AND a "SupahFerry"..........
A guy can wish can't he?
Wat do you want or wish to see happen in da 808? No scade fo' say - could be small could be big. No need be a law thing - it could something as simple as seeing Taco Bell pricing da same hea as da mainland. 😉 Which by da way have you noticed dat it's no longah da "just cause we in Hawai'i get 10 cents premium" on fast food any more? We got jacked and now paying anywea between 20 and 50 cents more!
Wassap Wit Dat!
You tinking outside da box or wat?