U Know U Local If....
* Only NOW you know dat cilantro is da same as Chinese parsley.
* You measure da watah for da rice with da knuckle of your index fingah.
* You can handle shoyu with green mango, li hing gummy bears, or raw egg on hot rice.
* You always get in da fridge or on da table: shoyu, ketchup and chili peppah watah.
* More than likely get some kine bottle kimchee or takuwan, pickled onion and definitely Hawaiian salt
* Aftah a visit to Maui, your omiyage consists of potato chips, manju, cream puffs or guri-guri.
* A balanced meal includes rice, mac salad and something fried.
* You know 101 ways to fix your rubber slippers using either tape, rope or glue.
* You wear two different color slippahs together and no one cares.
* T-shirt without pukas = nice.
* In elementary, you ran wit slippahs on your hands cause you would get lickin's if you lost 'em.
* You get one slippah tan.
* You know at least one person wit a Hawaiian bracelet.
* You nevah evah wear matching aloha shirt and mu'umu'u unless absolutely necessary.
* It's Sandy’s, not Sandy Beach.
* You correctly pronounce Kaneohe, Kapi'olani and you can say Kalaniana'ole without stumbling.
* Doesn't mattah how old you are, “Hanakokolele” nevah gets old.
* You say “Da Kine,” and da other person says “Da kine” and you both know wat “Da kine” is.
* You get at least one pic showing a Shaka.
* You stay at Disneyland standing in line talking story and a complete stranger asks, “you from Hawaii?”
* You feel guilty leaving a get-together without helping clean up.
* Everyone older than you is called “Auntie” or “Uncle” and when saying aloha, you hug and kiss everyone.
* You "hanai" somewea... even though you one adult.
* You can eat spam musubi for breakfast, lunch or dinnah.