If you're still up, you either have insomnia or must be in Vegas.
I would like to guess that the Super Bowl must be one of the biggest - and busiest - betting times of da year in Vegas but for those in da know, you know dat there multitudes of bets dat really doesn't even involve da game per se.
It is true dat in Vegas you can bet on practically anything and one of da most popular "fun bets" you can make are called propositions. They run da gamut from calling da coin toss to if someone will say "I'm going to Disney Land/World". And those are REAL, ACTUAL bets!
Wassup Wit Dat!
Hea's a popular top 10 list from CBS.com:
1. How many times will Peyton Manning say "Omaha" during the game?
Odds: Over/under 27.5
2. How many times will "Beast Mode" be said during the game?
Odds: Over/under 2
3. Who will be seen first on TV after kickoff?
Odds: Erin Andrews (-140), Pam Oliver (EVEN)
4. How many times will Archie Manning be shown on TV during the game?
Odds: Over/under 2.5
5. Will Knowshon Moreno cry during the singing of the National Anthem?
Odds: Yes (+400), No (-700)
6. Will Renee Fleming wear gloves when she starts singing the US National Anthem?
Odds: Yes (-200), No (+150)
7. Will Michael Crabtree mention Richard Sherman in a tweet during the Super Bowl from kickoff until final whistle?
Odds: Yes (+150), No (-200)
8. What will the TV Rating be for the Super Bowl?
Odds: Over/under 47.5 Nielson Rating
9. Total Number of Penalties Made by Both Teams
Odds: Over/under 12.5
10. Total Team Points - Denver Broncos
Odds: Over/under 25
Obviously there a host of oddahs but these are just da tip of da iceberg. I remembah one year we had a proposition contest and da person wit da most right would win da pot...... there were 50 out of a gazillion listed.
Wat oddah propositions have you heard? Are you even watching da Super Bowl dis year? Do you host or go to Super Bowl parties? Do play "blocks"? Try "guess" da above and see if you would have won any kala.
Hope everyone has an enjoyable - and safe - Super Bowl! Go Niners!