August 30th, 2016
Let's be honest, our roads in Hawai'i nei suck but you know wat sucks more? Da "repairs".
Since we're being honest, let's face it, da City and State no more money - at least das wat da public is told - and with dat being da case let me ask dis.... then why would "we" pay for - moreovah, authorize - a half-okole job wen we have "one shot" to make it happen? And if we are paying for it, why isn't there any quality control aftah da repairs/patchwork are done? Are these contractors being paid timely for crappy work or are their payments held assuming someone "checked" da work?
My main commute from Pearl City to town is consistently da same unless traffic dictates different so I know wea da 'problem' areas are. While there has been some feeble attempts to fix da roads - well, fix isn't da right verb since it would appear dat da attempt was to try and "smooth" da roads out - it would appear dat, imho, dat those are absolute FAILS!
While it is difficult to imagine wat it looks/feels like if you dont' travel da road, I'll post a video shortly to give you a glimpse of wat it literally feels like. For those who are familiar, I'll try and explain da best I can in regards to wat I encounter - there are obviously more - and see if you encountered or noticed da same or more.
Heading East bound on da H1:
* Right before and undah da Kaahumanu St ovahpass on da shoulder lane - they attempted to "fill" da "dents" and turned out to be da texture of oatmeal and why they tried to fill da center of da lane beats da heck out of me because dat was BEST part of da lane! (WWD!)
* About 100 yards past da Kaahumanu St ovahpass in da center lane - looks like they just wanted to sprinkle asphalt and let it sit creating freeway speed bumps
* Just aftah da Kaonohi St ovahpass in da car pool lane - 3/4's of da lane from da left side has "sludged" asphalt for at least a few hundred yards
Heading West bound on da H1:
* By da Harley Davidson dealership and for about a quarter mile - da sections of da freeway have SHIFTED and nevah settled so you are hitting speed bumps at 50+mph
* From Airport Hotel to Zipmobile Hale - pothole's galore! I swear I thought we spent months and uku-hundreds of thousands of $ to have those repaired and filled within da past few years?!? Don't notice da pothole's? Try checking them out wen in traffic. Trust me, wen you see a motorcycle weaving, they are not being jerks, just trying to avoid rim damage.
* At da Zipmobile Hale to da Hickam ovahpass - sad, sad, EXTREMELY sad attempt to try and "SMOOTH" da bumps. In fact, they made it WORSE!!! Trust me, dat is an accident waiting to happen if your vehicle's shocks (compression and rebound) aren't up to par since it is on a slight curve, you will 'bounce'.
Hea's da winnah winnah chicken katsu dinnah:
* Da bridge by Newtown between Kaonohi & Kaahumanu - who was da contractor dat ripped up da far right lane strips and dug out literally an ongoing 5x5 gash in da road without FILLING it up?? WASSUP WIT DAT! While for most vehicles, you'll feel a little resistance crossing da lane, for those whose wheels actually would fit in it (like motorcycles, mini's, smart cars etc) poses a HUGE danger of getting not only our tires chewed up, but getting stuck in it! It was partially filled - and sadly at dat - probably within da last few months but wen da lanes were extended, why wasn't it fixed wen they had lane closures? You telling me NOBODY from da State - or da contractors -'noticed' it or even thought it was a problem before opening up da lane to da public???
Doesn't anybody review work dat affects da populous of Oahu? Is there no accountability in dat? How come wen it comes to road work, it just seems so blatantly "Ainokea"?